Sunday, April 6, 2014

I Love My Bike - Ode to my Specialized Rumor


Photo: I love where my bike takes me! 
Another epic day on sand and slick rock. 
How magical it is in the desert.

Specialized Women
MT Alpha Cycling

#Moab,#iamspecilaized, #howihammer
I love where my bike takes me! Beautiful Evening on the Back 40 Trail, Moab Utah.

Ode to my Rumor

I Love my Bike. It is almost ridiculous really. The Specialized Rumor designed specifically for women's body geometry is so smooth, so fast, and so safe dropping big descents and gnarly rocks. I had the best time riding in Moab on all the crazy technical trails on this bike.

Turning 39 this year, one thing I really appreciated was not feeling beat-up at the end of the day. My back did not hurt and arms were not tired because all the suspension took the brunt of the beating. I felt fresh every morning to get in a morning sesh and evening sesh on my Rumor.

One of the best features of this bike is the command post. Being able to drop the seat with a click of the button is great beacuse you really need to have your butt way back over that back wheel on rocky drops and fast and flowy downhills. I loved that it would just pop back up for a steep uphill.

This bike is the total backpackage for XC and Downhill.

(Side Note - The last time I mountain biked down in Moab was riding the WhiteRim Trail on a rigid Stumpjumper in 1995. Back then, I though my bike was pretty cool and it did the job well. In 1996, I got pregnant and decided too just backpack in Utah, so I hung up my bikes until 2013 when I got my Rumor. Specialized Women's first full suspension Mountain bike designed specifically for women's body geometry - Ok, big Big BIG difference! )

 Yeahhhhhhhh! Pulled of the road and dropped some sand dunes. Fun!


My Rumor on the Hy Masa Trail

Freezing Morning Camping. Snow in the Desert.
Loved this downhill on my Rumor.

Pretty Girl up above the Colorado River


Bumpy Slick Rock

At the top and ready to drop "Capt Ahab"


I had fun hitting some dirt jumps at the Bike Park in Moab too!



Ahhh Yeah - Loving the view after a long uphill
I Am Specialized

No comments:

Post a Comment