Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Wet - Cold - Fun | Jr Girls Mt ALPHA Tuesday Night Ride Update

 
Dirt + Girls + Bikes = Rad

Tuesday night Jr's Ride was cold, wet and fun.
 
We met early to beat the sun setting at the Linclon Hills trail head. My plan was to ride where it is open and if we get caught with a wreck or injury that our exit plan off the mountain would be in the open without a technical descent in the dark. (you never know)


Ouch
Luckily the only carnage was me. We road up Side-Winder and I was showing the girls how to deal with a technical rocky spot and endo-ed into my head. No real injury, just a bloody knee. But, I do need a new helmet.

Hellgate High School Junior Baylee above Missoula

The girls just love getting dirty. I was a bit concerned about all the wet puddles on the blind corners in case someone peeled out, but everyone rocked the single track smoothly.

These girls will be my helpers at the Free Women's Mountain Bike clinic on Thursday. They are no longer beginners and have awesome cycling vocabulary. "Stezie, Drop-it, Endo, Flowy, Bombing" ect.....


13 year old Hannah has gotten super strong riding hills.

 

Coach Jen's Sweet Specialized Bike The Rumor having fun on Single Track


Baylee, Hannah, Ellie and Hannah



13 year old Ellie loves to get "mud-facials" while Mountain Biking
Jr Girls above Missoula and Rattlesnake Neighborhoods
I Am Specialized
 

No comments:

Post a Comment