Sunday, May 5, 2013

Spokane Washington Mountain Biking - Beacon and Legs Race

Wa hooo - I took first! So excited!
Kristine took 1st for Womens Cat 1, Jen took 1st for Women's Cat 2 and Claire took 2nd for Women's Cat 1 race!
 
So excited about my first mountain bike race of the season. I traveled with WOMEN'S bike team MT ALPHA to race in Spokane Washington at the Beacon and Legs mountain bike race at Beacon Hill hosted by the Fat Tire Revolution Series in Washington.

The Course: The course came out to just under 7 mile laps with lots of fast, smooth, swoopy singletrack. There was 1000′ of elevation gain per lap, but not really any long killer climbs, it was a great blend of fast flow with a little tech here and there.

 Love it! I raced 2 laps for Cat 2 women, and Claire & Kristine competed in Cat 1 Women (3laps)

My new sic bike was top dog!
So happy to finally race my Specialized Rumor - she was wicked fast on flat flowy sections and bomber through the steep techiqual sections. I LOVE HER!
Seriously - the Rumor is really blowing my mind. Why?

1. The Command Post - So rad, it was awesome to have my seat drop down and get my butt way back on the descents. I really had so much more control on the downhill and I gain a huge lead over the other ladies on the first lap.

2. This bike is light! One of my fears about racing on a full suspension was weight. But the Rumor is so really light - I don't know how they did it....but it is!

3. Control! I felt like I had so much more control of this bike - after my Geometry Body Fit - this bike is like putting on a glove. It just fits me perfect and I feel like I am in more control. This actually leads me to racing with more safety too. And as a mom and getting older (38 yrs) I don't want to get injured.

What a great birthday weekend!


Me on the podium - Yeah!

Check out the Sexy Specialized Bikes on the roof rack - The Fate and Rumor both winning their divisions! 


1 comment: