Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Specialized Women's new full suspension 29er - RUMOR

 

Jen's sick new ride - Specialized Women's first Full Suspension 29' "RUMOR"
The bike that I picked as Specialized Women's Bike Ambassador was a big secret. Specialized has been working on their first women's full suspension 29er since 2010! They did not release the bike until April 23rd - so I can finally tell everyone how insanely awesome it is.........
Ok, so the Rumor is so incredible. I cant stress how sexy, smooth, fast, light, and bad ass this bike is.

Rumor is just a beast over rocks, logs and roots. I was bracing my body, but it was unessasary since my bike road smoothly over obsticles.

I really felt like my riding skills went up 10 fold because of the geometry and design of the Rumor. One example was riding up steep slippery single track with logs to lift over. I thought forsure that I would have to dismount, but the Rumor was just a monster and ate the log for breakfast. Everytime I had an obsticle like that, I had it in my head that I couldn't do it, but then the Rumor suprised me by making it easy. So cool - I feel like a stronger rider after 2 rides.

Another rad component to my bike is a special button! YUP, I have a button that I push and my seat drops! For every down hill, I pushed my button and WHOOOSH! My seat was down and my butt was back behind and over my back wheel. Equally cool was b pushing the button again to pop up for when I need it up. Wicked feature - everyone is gonna want it.
For you teckies (Command Post 34.9mm clamp, 7050 hard anodized alloy collar, single bolt)




Specialized Women's Rumor
  • All-New M5 manipulated alloy, 110mm-travel frame with women's XC Trail 29 geometry and tubesets, tapered head tube, sealed cartridge bearing pivots, and DMD derailleur mount makes this one tough and lightweight trail machine

  • FOX Float CTD Evolution shock with AUTOSAG with women's tune features 3 compression settings: Climb, Trail and Descend, plus ProPedal

  • FOX Float CTD Performance Series 29 fork with CTD damper, rebound and compression adjust, lockout, tapered steerer tube and 110mm of travel smooths technical terrain

  • Roval Control Trail 29 142+ wheelset with butted DT Swiss spokes and a wider rim profile and 12mm thru-axle for lightweight toughness.

  • The 2.3" Ground Control tire has a fast rolling and versatile tread for premium traction on technical trails

  • Custom Formula T1 S hydraulic disc brakes with reach adjustment, metallic pads and SRAM compatible MiXmaster shifter mounts provide dependable braking

  • New SRAM Type 2 X0 mid cage 10-speed rear derailleur provides crisp and reliable gear changes

  • Women's Body Geometry Jett saddle with hollow Cr-Mo rails features lightweight foam cushioning and an ergonomic cutout for pressure relief


  • Cheryl and Oliva happy to be MTBing.

    I have to thank our hostess Olivia that took us up too some sweet single track in Santa Cruz.

    The Trails were nappy, and had some puddles in some stretches - also, the track was super rooty and slippery! We enjoyed some amazing redwood trees that towered above us like giants!
    Super fun with the ladies! I am so grateful for a such a great weekend of riding with incredible women on incredible bikes.
    I came away from the riding with these ladies with one word.......................Strength.

    I am Specialized.


    No comments:

    Post a Comment